President Ilir Meta says he has held a meeting with pedagogues and scientific leaders on the post-earthquake situation.
After the meeting, the head of state announced that he has made demands to the government.
“After meeting with pedagogues and scientific leaders on the situation created after the earthquake, I asked the Government today:
– Start work as soon as possible to update and complete a new Physical Risk Map for Albania in which seismic risk areas will be included and specified, as well as all territories threatened by erosion, floods, landslides, fires, etc;
– Compulsory implementation of the Eurocode system in civil construction throughout the country and residential premises, without any exception;
– Compulsory implementation throughout the country of the Eurocode system in civil construction and residential buildings, without exception;
– Completion of urban planning legislation with new security elements, according to modern procedures, in the design and construction of construction facilities;
– In the context of the revision of the 2020 Budget, to cope with the severe consequences, the necessary financial support for relevant scientific research institutions should also be planned ”, writes Meta./abcnews.al